I love this recipe. It is a quick meal in the instant pot or an easy one to throw in the slow cooker in the morning and let cook all day (making the house smell DELICIOUS!) Everyone always loves it.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Coming to pressure time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb ground turkey cooked
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 tsp ranch dressing mix
- .25 tsp ground pepper
- .5 tsp salt
- 5 oz diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 8 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- Turn instant pot to saute and cook ground turkey and onions with taco seasoning, ranch dressing mix, pepper, salt, and can of diced tomatoes with green chilis.
- Once turkey is cooked through, add rinsed and drained pinto and black beans and water.
- Seal lid and set Instant Pot to "soup" for 10 minutes.
- When time is up, you can do a quick release on pressure or allow for natural pressure release.
Serve with cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, and tortilla chips on top.
Stove Top MethodThis can easily be made on the stove top (saute the ground beef as described above and then bring to a simmer). It can be served after simmering for approximately 15 minutes, but is better if the flavors have time to develop for an hour or more. Just keep an eye on the liquid level and, if needed, add chicken broth.
Slow Cooker MethodIt will also cook great in a slow cooker for 4 or more hours on low. Again, just saute the ground beef mixture as described above and then transfer to the slow cooker.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 867mg | Potassium: 788mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)