I love this served over pork chops, lamb, or chicken. It’s amazing. Sometimes I add dried apricots (diced) or dried cranberries.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 12 quarter cup servings
- 3 apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 mangoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup ginger root finely chopped peeled (I’ve used dried ginger if I didn’t have fresh)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine apples, mangoes, red pepper, sugar, onion, raisins, vinegar, and gingerroot in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat, and boil gently, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until fruit is tender and mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice, curry powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt; boil gently for 5 minutes.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 477IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)