Grilled Peppers & Onions (Chipotle Copycat Recipe)
Grilled peppers & onions are a favorite in our house. They can make fajitas or Mexican rice bowls pop with flavor. They are a must have when grilling brats or sausages. They go wonderfully with chicken, lamb, beef, and pork.
The trick to this recipe is to coat the veggies with the oil and seasonings prior to adding them to the hot pan. This ensures that the seasonings coat the surface of all the veggies.
Photography by Andy Joos
Grilled Peppers & Onions
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 2 medium yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Remove stems, seeds, and membranes from bell peppers and slice them thin.
- Remove root and skins from onions and slice them thin.
- Heat large skillet on stove top over medium-high heat.
- In large bowl, combine oil, sliced peppers, onions, salt, and oregano and toss so everything is coated in the oil.
- Add vegetables to heated skillet and cook until slightly charred and tender-crisp (approximately 7-8 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Make it a Meal