Albondigas Soup (Mexican Meatball Soup)
Albondigas soup is always a favorite in our home. It was one of my father-in-law’s favorites, and is one of my husband’s favorites now. I usually use a homemade salsa, but store bought salsa works too and makes this a quick and easy meal.
- 1 quart water
- 4 carrots sliced
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1-1/2 cups salsa medium or hot
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- In a large stock pot, bring water, carrots, potatoes, onion, salsa, and bouillon cubes to a boil.
- Reduce to a medium simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix the beef, breadcrumbs, and milk together in a bowl.
- Form into 1-inch meatballs, and drop into boiling broth.
- Once soup returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes, or until meatballs are no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with sprinkled cilantro for garnish.
Favorite Soup Recipes…
Moroccan Spiced Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Almonds from Curry Trail